Sat, Apr 20|
Yoga for Breast Cancer
The mountains are calling! Please join me for my first yoga for breast cancer workshop in Durango.
Time & Location
Apr 20, 2019, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Yogadurango, 1485 Florida Rd C-201, Durango, CO 81301, USA
About The Event
Cancer treatment can often involve surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy, all of which have shown to be highly effective in treating the cancer itself, but often leave behind challenges in their wake. Many cancer patients experience residual pain, functional impairments, or anxiety or depression during and after the completion of their cancer treatments.
Therapeutic applications of yoga can offer an amazing practice that promotes wellness during and after cancer treatments, and also offers an empowering and supportive environment for participants to encounter their own capabilities for healing. Yoga can offer physically soothing practices, practices that decrease anxiety, and can be modified to meet physical challenges.
In this workshop, expect to cover the following topics:
- Safety in physical practice after surgery
- Understanding pain after cancer treatments, including surgery and medical treatments
- Pain management strategies
- Asana that may improve changes associated with surgery and other cancer treatments
- Relaxation strategies
- Creating a sankalpa and a practice that supports you through times of challenge