Sat, Jun 08|
Room to Breathe: Yoga & Wellness Studio
Yoga for Breast Cancer
I'll be returning to the beautiful Room to Breathe in June to offer a healing space for women facing breast cancer to explore their embodied health. Join me!
Time & Location
Jun 08, 2019, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Room to Breathe: Yoga & Wellness Studio, 25 E Washington St #1025a, Chicago, IL 60602, USA
About The Event
Therapeutic applications of yoga can offer an amazing practice that promotes wellness during and after cancer treatments, and also offers an empowering and supportive environment for participants to encounter their own capacity for healing. Yoga can offer physically soothing practices, practices that decrease anxiety, and can be modified to meet physical challenges.
This workshop's aim is to hold space for personal exploration around your individual experience of health, and uncover the ways you can support creating the life you desire despite health challenges. You are encouraged to share with the group as you feel comfortable.
In this workshop, expect to cover the following topics:
- Safety in physical practice after surgery
- Understanding pain after cancer treatments, including surgery and medical treatments
- Pain management strategies
- Asana that may improve changes associated with surgery and other cancer treatments
- Relaxation strategies
- Creating a sankalpa and a practice that supports you through times of challenge